Yunca has a proven record of providing reliable and robust manufactured solutions to the aluminium smelting industry, and many of these products have firstly been through a rigorous R&D process to improve upon existing designs (read more).
Manufactured SOLUTIONS include:
- The replacement of lightweight cell hoods for NZAS (see R&D)
- Copper Cathode Bars, which includes construction of copper cored Cathodes from raw bar stock including deep hole boring and copper insertion and pressing
- Bus bar for Rio Tinto's New Zealand Aluminium Smelter, Rio Tinto Alcan (Bell Bay) Ltd., Boyne Smelters Ltd. (BSL) and Tomago Aluminium Company Pty. Ltd
- Casting Furnace Heating element hanger brackets fabricated from a nickel chromium superalloy for NZAS
- Sampling pots for Boyne and NZAS for Spectrographic Analysis
- Modifications to carriers to increase longevity of operating times between service checks
- EnPot heat exchangers for European smelters.
Light weight cell hoods
Manufacture and supply of Yunca engineered light-weight cell hoods for Dubal and NZAS. Yunca currently have a contract for the replacement of further lightweight cell hoods.
Manufacture of copper Cathode Bars, which includes construction of copper cored Cathodes from raw bar stock including deep hole boring and copper insertion and pressing. Large QA requirements and traceability required on this project.
ENPOT HEAT EXCHANGERS
Manufacture of ENPOT heat exchangers, brackets and ducting for installation on two pots complete with fan installation for trials in a European smelter.
> Learn More about our work with the Light Metals Research Centre in the development of this new technology